- 2 cups all‐purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tbsp. freshly ground pepper
- ¾ cup salted butter, cold
- 1 cup Cello ® Artisan Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream, chilled
Savory Parmesan Cookies
Our Cello Artisan Parmesan Cheese is aged 12 months to create the bold, nutty flavor you’ll find in this Savory Parmesan Cookies recipe. These dainty and crisp cookies are easy to make but require all of the steps to be followed carefully! Our chef recommends drizzling some honey or jam over the top to add some sweetness. Lay them out on a platter in a fun design to level up the display for your guests!
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Using a standing mixer, combine first 3 ingredients in the mixing bowl. With paddle attachment, stir dry mixture for 30 seconds.
- Cut the cold butter into pats and add to blended dry mixture. Blend until mixture resembles coarse crumbs, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in egg yolks and heavy cream. Blend together until the dough forms into the shape of a ball.
- Remove bowl from stand.
- On a flat surface, preferably a cutting board, place a piece of parchment paper. Transfer dough from bowl onto parchment. Using the palms of your hand, spread out dough until flat.
- Place second piece of parchment paper on top of flattened dough. Using a rolling pin, roll dough to a 1/8″ thickness.
- Remove top layer of parchment from the dough, save to line cookie sheet.
- Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut dough diagonally into 1 ½” wide slices. Cut dough diagonally in the opposite direction into 1 ½” wide slices.
- Place diagonal-shaped pieces of dough onto a lined cookie sheet.
- Place in oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool.
Chef note: To add sweetness, drizzle cookies with honey or spread with jam.