- 2 cups self-rising flour
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp. freshly ground pepper, reserve ½ tsp. for sprinkling
- 1 tsp. freshly chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp. freshly chopped thyme
- 1 ½ sticks of salted butter, separated
- 1 cup hand-grated Cello Artisan Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk
Parmesan Drop Biscuits
Everyone needs a go-to homemade cheesy biscuit recipe to break out when it’s time to impress a group of mutual cheese lovers. Cello Artisan Parmesan Cheese leads the way here with its bold, nutty flavors and notes of crushed apple. Rosemary and thyme work together to highlight the Parmesan’s sharpness, and butter and buttermilk give these biscuits a soft center. Have these warm biscuits ready to serve in just under 30 minutes!
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Chill one stick of butter and melt 1/2 stick and set aside.
- Using a standing mixer with paddle attachment, add the first 5 ingredients to bowl, mix. Cut the stick of cold butter into pats, add to dry mixture. Mix until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Remove bowl from stand.
- Add hand-grated Cello Artisan Parmesan Cheese. Slowly add buttermilk. Using a wooden spoon, stir mixture together. Do not overmix.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, drop tablespoon size balls. Brush each ball with melted butter and a pinch of pepper.
- Bake 10 minutes.