- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups of milk (for thinning)
- 1 cup of cheese
- 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound of pasta noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan Mac & Cheese
Classic macaroni and cheese is a go-to crowd pleaser guaranteed to make even the pickiest tastebuds happy. Our version levels up a traditional dish with a homemade roux and Cello Parmesan Cheese for an oven-baked pasta favorite that’s slightly sharp, with just the right amount of richness. This hearty Parmesan Mac & Cheese recipe is already crafted to feed an intimate gathering of 6-8. Just double the batch to satisfy a bigger group!
- Place a pot of salted water on to boil for pasta. When water comes to boil
add in pasta until just al dente. Drain pasta from water and set aside.
- To make the roux: Equal parts butter and/or oil and flour to make a roux.
- Let the roux cook for 1-2 min to cook out raw flour taste. Slowly whisk in
milk to avoid any lumps.
- Once you have the mixture to desired thickness add in cheese.
- Gently fold in pasta to the sauce and place in oven safe dish.
- Cook at 400 degrees until golden on top and bubbly. enjoy!