- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 3 ounces Cello® Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 1 cup prepared syrup
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 bag, Cello Parmesan Whisps®
- Chocolate syrup, for topping
Ice Cream Wheels
Follow our Ice Cream Wheels recipe to make the ultimate summer treat for your friends after a long day at the pool or the lake. You can find our bold, nutty Cello Parmesan cheese both in our signature Whisps and inside the homemade ice cream. Don’t have an ice cream maker? No problem, just sandwich regular pre-made ice cream in between two Cello Parmesan Whisps and top with syrup.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and beat lightly.
- Beat in grated Cello Parmesan Cheese and stir to combine. Stir in syrup and cream.
- Cook in a double boiler.
- Strain. Chill.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker, according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer to a container, covered, to freeze entirely.
- Once frozen, spoon a small amount of ice cream onto a Cello Parmesan Whisp, top with a second Whisp, spoon on more ice cream, then top with a third Whisp so you end up with a two-layer ice cream wheel. Do this quickly to avoid melting.
- Store in freezer on a tray until ready to serve.
- Drizzle each with chocolate syrup before serving.
Chef note: If you don’t have time to make your own ice cream, use a store-bought variety like vanilla or pistachio. Simply spoon onto Cello Whisps and drizzle with syrup.