- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup of slivered onions
- 8 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 6 fresh spinach leaves
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices Cello Artisan Parmesan
- 2 Tbsp. sun-dried tomato pesto sauce
- 4 slices Cello Asiago
- 2 tsp. butter, softened
Three Italian Grilled Cheese
Who doesn’t love the comfort of grilled cheese? Kick your favorite childhood sandwich up a notch with three different types of cheese and a few veggies to make this a heartier, healthier version. Cello Artisan Parmesan and Asiago are the stars of this dish, creating the perfect flavor balance with the fresh vegetables.
Party planning tip to cheese more confidently: Cut these sandwiches into quarters to create a shareable appetizer that can feed a crowd.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions, mushrooms and spinach; sauté until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently.
- Cover one bread slice with one mozzarella slice; top with Cello Artisan Parmesan, sautéed vegetables, pesto sauce and Cello Asiago. Cover with remaining mozzarella slice and remaining bread slice.
- Spread top of sandwich with 1 tsp. butter. Heat griddle to 350° F, or heat small skillet over medium heat. Place sandwich, buttered side down, on hot griddle.
- Spread top of sandwich with remaining 1 tsp. butter. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until cheeses are melted and sandwich is golden brown on both sides.