½ cup roasted red peppers, thinly sliced
4, 4 oz each chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
6 tbsp sun-dried tomato spread
3 tbsp mayonnaise
8 1/2-inch-thick slices ciabatta bread
20 to 25 large fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
1/4 cup Cello Parmigiano Reggiano, shaves
Olive oil for grilling
- Using the flat side of a meat mallet, gently pound each chicken breast to an even thickness. Lightly brush surfaces of chicken breasts with oil; lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken breasts to an internal temperature of 160° F. (Internal temperature will rise 5° F upon standing.) Cut breasts crosswise, at a 45-degree angle, into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Set aside.
- Stir together sun-dried tomato spread and mayonnaise in small bowl.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread about 2 tablespoons of the tomato mixture on one side of 4 bread slices. Top with basil leaves, grilled chicken slices, roasted red peppers, olives, and Cello Parmigiano Reggiano shaves. Cover with remaining 4 bread slices.
- To grill sandwiches, preheat panini press according to manufacturer’s directions, or pre-heat sauté or grill pan. If necessary, lightly brush hot pan or grill with oil. Place sandwich(s) in the press on the pan and close lid and apply slight pressure. If using a grill or sauté pan, press down firmly on each sandwich with a spatula. Cook without disturbing for 5 to 8 minutes or until bread is golden.
- To serve, cut each sandwich, on a slight diagonal, in half; place on a plate.