1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
¾ c. Cello Riserva Artisan Parmesan, grated
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
1 lg. egg
- Pre-heat oven to 425° F. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl beat the egg with 2 teaspoons of water to make an egg wash.
- Toss the Cello Riserva Artisan Parmesan cheese with the cayenne, salt and pepper to mix well.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the puff pastry to a 12 x 14 inch rectangle.
- Cut the dough in half. Brush one half of the dough with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle the cheese mixture evenly over the puff pastry.
- Place the plain piece of dough on top of the cheese. Lightly roll the dough together to seal.
- Cut the rectangle into 3 even pieces of 2 x 14 inches. Cut each piece lengthwise into 8 strips, ¼ inch wide.
- Transfer to baking sheets. Holding each end of the pastry strip, twist the strip a few times to form a corkscrew. Press the ends of the strips to the parchment to hold the shape.
- Refrigerate until firm and cold, about 20 minutes.
- Bake until golden brown about 14-15 minutes.
- Transfer to cooling rack until fully cool. Can be made 3 days in advance if kept in an airtight container.